Saturday, November 10, 2012

Idols of Ill Fortune! Ravnican Rare Tokens!














A month or so later, I return! I've been a bit sluggish to get my update posted, but finally finished a few pieces. First, I just completed the logo I had been designing for local podcast host and judge, Dr Jeebus. The podcast Jinxed Idols is a live call in show featuring an infamous crew from around the Magic community. Primo stuff! After realizing they did not have a logo and the site that host them, MtGCast needed an image for all their programs, I volunteered my services. The statue is of the golden god of neckbeards, Durdleyotl, the essence of all negative stereotypes Magic players are known for. Aside from making up a false idol, the rest of the design is simple. He's a gross looking guy standing in front of a slab resembling the back of a card.
Second, it wouldn't be a post without a random token insert. I had fun with the last batch I made for the prerelease and decided to make some of the rarer ones. Pack Rat seemed like a card that would need multiple tokens since they can get out of hand quickly. Then, I decided Worldspine Wurm needed tokens since the official ones don't represent the creature correctly. I mainly enjoy drawing wurms (coming soon; awful Armada Wurm)....To each their own.





No comments:

Post a Comment